My name is Tara Welty and I am a nationally certified acupuncture practitioner. Licensed by the West Virginia Board of Acupuncture and the Ohio Medical Board, I opened my practice in Parkersburg, WV in October of 2013. I have over 4,000 hours of training in acupuncture and more than 14 years of experience of working with people of all ages, backgrounds and health conditions, using Oriental healing therapies.
I received my undergraduate degree from Ongiara College of Acupuncture in Ontario, Canada in September of 2012. I am also a NADA (National Auricular Detoxification Association) specialist and trained at the Lincoln Recovery Center in the Bronx in June of 2009.
- B.S.F.S. in Diplomacy and International Security, Georgetown University, 1986
- Plant Spirit Medicine practitioner training, 1990
- Jin Shin Jyutsu practitioner training, 2001
- Jin Shin Jyutsu Self Help Instructor training, 2008
- Certified Practitioner Member, AOBTA (American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia), 9/08 to present
- Licensed acupuncture practitioner, West Virginia Board of Acupuncture, 6/13 to present
- Licensed acupuncture practitioner, Ohio Medical Board, 1/16 to present
- Diploma of Acupuncture NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine), 1/15 to present
- Adjunct faculty, Ongiara College of Acupuncture 2009-2012
- Workshop facilitator, Healthy Living through the Seasons
- Herbal Beer Brewing teacher and maven